Today is the beginning of my junior year! YAY. I am that much closer to graduation… HALLELUJAH! However, college has gone by sooooo fast! It seems like yesterday I was a freshman just starting college. I never believed my older cousins when they told me that college would go by fast but now I totally get it!
Anyways, in honor of school starting I have created my list of resolutions and tips. Hopefully this is comes in handy for all of you!
- Homework… FIRST. Always. I am usually motivated to get my work done right after class. However, sometimes I need to unwind or get my life (Seriously though) which usually is the case because I am little bit on the dramatic side (I totally get that from my mother) LOL. So, it’s okay to relax a little before you start your work just don’t completely put it off and when I say a little I mean around 20-30 minutes because, it is just enough time to get yourself together. When that time is up get straight in your work! Once you get your work done you have the rest of the day to do whatever!
- Don’t try to do everything at once. Create a schedule of how you are going to get your work done.
- Ain’t (Yes, I said ain’t) nothing wrong with asking for help! If you need help , GET IT. Either you or your parents are spending a generous amount of money on your education so use your resources on campus.
- No one likes studying so make it fun. Find what works best for you and do it. Also, having a good study spot is super important. If you find that your study spot is becoming a nightmare find another one.
- SLEEP. Get enough of it! Yes, college sometimes makes it impossible to get enough of it but you need it.
- You don’t run your body. When it tells you to stop, just do it. You can’t function or let alone get anything done if your body is not working properly.
- It is okay to have a breakdown. The craziness of life can get you you sometimes so, if you explode or have a crying spell it is okay. When need those moments to get us together sometimes.
- Make time for YOU. Getting a manicure or indulge in something you love to do.
- Getting a good workout or taking a fitness class is always good to stay SNATCHED!
- Being in clubs and different organizations at school is great! This is a great way to meet more people!
- I am in two organizations and I hold leadership positions which also can be time consuming. However, I truly enjoy my organizations and the amazing people that I have met through them.
- I have a super fabulous internship this semester! I am so geeked about it! I’ll share details with you guys throughout the semester 🙂
- Enjoy it! Internships are some of the most amazing experiences that you will have in college so soak it all up.
- WERK IT. I will be going so hard with mine because I want as much knowledge as possible in my future career field. If you have to put in extra, extra, extra hours such as working on the weekends then do it. Internships are full of endless possibilities if you play your cards right!
- I am a complete organization freak!
- Purchasing a desk calender and well as a planner is a MUST! They make life so much easier. I keep my planner in my purse at all times.
- When you are organized it keeps you sane and that is one less thing that you have to worry about!
- This blog is my baby! However, it is also very time consuming.
- My goal is to at least have posts for you all at least two or three times a week. This might be easy some weeks and others it might not be possible at all but I will do my best.
Some say that it is hard to keep resolutions but you must have willpower! Creating you own resolutions and going through with them is possible but you must be willing to do it. With a new school year starting you have a fresh start so take advantage of this clean state. You can do it!
I hope my tips have been helpful to you! Create your own resolutions and let me know all about them! I am wishing you a successful and prosperous school year!